A marriage license or a Civil Marriage ceremony by the Clerk of Courts Office, may be obtained at the following locations:
- Main Broward County Courthouse, Marriage Division
201 S. E. 6th Street, Room 270, Fort Lauderdale
- North Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division
1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Room 160, Deerfield Beach
- South Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division
3550 Hollywood Blvd., Room 160, Hollywood
- West Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division
100 N. Pine Island Road, Room 180, Plantation
- Rick Case Honda - One Stop Division
15700 Rick Case Honda Way, Davie
Civil Marriage Ceremony:
A civil marriage ceremony can be performed in the Marriage Division after the license is effective for an additional cost of $30. Witnesses are not required for a civil marriage ceremony, however, they are recommended.
The standard marriage license fee is $93.50 and includes a 3-day waiting period before a marriage ceremony can be performed. Fees are payable by cash, cashier's check, or money order. Make payable to the Clerk of Courts. No business or personal checks will be accepted. Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards are accepted in person only at all locations.
The only exceptions to the 3-day waiting period are:
- If the applicants reside out-of-state and are able to present valid proof of photo identification at the time of filing the marriage license application.
- If the applicants present a pre-marital course completion certificate at the time of filing the marriage license application.
NOTE: If the couple elects the option to attend a State of Florida pre-marital course from a registered provider, the marriage license fee is lowered to $61 and the waiting period is waived upon providing a certificate of completion at the time of filing the application.
Prior to obtaining a marriage license, both parties must sign an affidavit indicating they have read the Family Law Handbook.
There are two (2) forms of identification that may be required.
- Valid photo I.D. issued by the federal or state government. The photo I.D. must have the correct legal name, date of birth and signature of the applicant. The following valid proof of photo identifications are accepted: Driver's License, Passport, U.S. Military I.D., State Identification Card (U.S. state or government), Alien Registration Card
- A second form of identification is required if the applicant has been issued a U.S. Social Security number. In accordance with Florida State Statute, any person who has been issued a Social Security number shall provide that number. Any person who is not a citizen of the U.S. may provide either a Social Security number or an Allien Registration number, if one has been issued. If neither has been issued, another form of ID may be required.
Applicants will be required to provide one stamped, self-addressed business size envelope for the return of their certified copy after the certificate has been recorded. This may be purchased at the marriage counter for $1.
There are no blood tests required.
You do not need to be a resident of this county or the State of Florida to obtain a Marriage license. Marriage licenses are valid for sixty-60 days from the date of issue.
If previously married, the exact date of death, divorce or annulment of the last marriage is required.
A legally married couple may renew their wedding vows in the Marriage Division or at a One Stop Division location. An original, certified copy of your marriage license is required. The cost for a civil ceremony is $30.
For further assistance, please call Broward County Clerk of Courts, Marriage Division at (954) 831-7283.