Learn How to Start Your Own Butterfly Garden! Those attending the workshop will learn how to identify and attract local butterflies to their own backyards, learn about the plants best suited to start a butterfly garden, see nectar and larval host plants for butterflies which are available in South Florida, and receive a FREE Photo Guide to help identify butterflies and host plants. No reservations required. The workshop is held indoors, in our Grand Plaza. Butterfly Gardening Plants are available for purchase in our Garden Center which is open to the public.
Reasons to Create a Butterfly Garden:
• In South Florida, butterflies are very easy to attract. Results come quickly!
• Pesticides, development, habitat loss and especially humans threaten the survival of butterfly species.
• Butterflies are critical to ecosystem preservation, cultivating them will boost local wildlife. You are genuinely helping the environment.
Attend the Workshop to:
- Learn how to attract and identify local butterflies.
- Understand the difference between a habitat & flower garden.
- Find out which host plants serve the rarest species.
- Learn what plants are best suited to start a butterfly garden.
- See nectar and larval host plants for butterflies, which are available in South Florida.
- Receive a FREE Photo Guide to help identify butterflies and host plants.
Answer any additional questions.
This workshop is FREE with Paid Admission. Become an Annual Pass Member and Receive 10% Off Plant and Gift Shop Purchases. Call for more information or additional workshop dates 954-977-4434.