Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore!, the newest traveling exhibit at the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS), will swing into the Museum on Friday, September 17, 2021. The exhibit, presented by JM Lexus, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and Wells Fargo, will run from September 17 through January 17, 2022.
The exhibit gives guests the opportunity to go into the worlds of Dora (beloved 7-year-old Latina heroine from Nickelodeon’s hit series Dora the Explorer) and Diego (Dora’s 8-year-old cousin and bilingual animal rescuer from the network’s Go, Diego, Go! show) to engage in problem-solving and active play. Dora and Diego - Let’s Explore! features iconic characters Dora and Diego along with their friends Boots, Map, Backpack, Isa, Tico, and of course Swiper, now in their own exhibit for your child to explore as they learn and play along.
The Dora & Diego experience at MODS is free with Museum admission. Favorite friends and places from episodes of Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Do! are incorporated in the exhibit including:
● Space travel in the Rocket Ship - Dora’s space creature friends need help to find their way back to the Purple Planet. Visitors will operate the rocket ship control panel to navigate through the Milky Way, look out the porthole to see planets fly by, connect stars to form a constellation and explore the Purple Planet in a space suit!
● A visit to the Nutty Forest - Little explorers can help Tico gather nuts to fuel his car before Swiper swipes them. If Swiper is spotted, tell him, “Swiper, no swiping!”
● A trip to Isa’s Garden - Young botanists can help Isa care for her garden by planting and watering flowers and sorting flowers by their shapes. Make sure to stop and smell the posies!
● Pirate Piggies’ ship adventure- Explorers will climb aboard the pirate ship in search of treasure. Help Dora and Boots get the crew ready to sail the seas by following the Pirate Piggy Rules: dress like a pirate, sing a pirate song, always be polite, and share.
● Caring for baby animals in the Animal Rescue Center - Veterinarians in training will learn how to care for red-eyed tree frogs, spider monkeys, jaguars and crocodiles by placing them in Scan the Scanner and then help Diego and Alicia examine, bandage, bathe and feed the baby animals.
● Exploring the Rainforest Maze - Visitors will run, jump, crawl and swing through the Rainforest Maze in search of baby animals hidden inside.
Be sure to bring your little explorer to play along with Dora, Diego and their friends so they too can say “We did it!” Spanish vocabulary is incorporated throughout the exhibit to introduce Spanish-speaking skills to young learners.
Admission to the exhibit is included with purchase of a ticket to MODS. For more information, please visit mods.org