The Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) 3rd Annual Family Pride Day will be held virtually, and on-site at MODS!
• Pride shines bright at MODS, and inclusivity and accessibility are in the Museum’s DNA! Bring the entire family for a day-long Pride celebration filled with fun and educational activities.
• The Museum will host an onsite Pride Day event on Saturday, June 26 and host a FREE virtual event on Thursday, June 24.
o Onsite activities (June 26) include:
• Make-and-take your own Pride flag, explore the amazing colors you can create with prisms, visit the Rainbow Science Lab, enjoy story time, and see an explosion of colors in a special Pride KaBOOM! Show. Plus, bring a white t-shirt, and we’ll show you how to turn it into a tie-dyed masterpiece!
• The FREE virtual component of the event is proudly sponsored by Bank of America Gather your family around your device to celebrate Pride virtually (June 24)! Activities include:
o Test your engineering skills and learn how to build a painting pendulum that creates colorful works of art, use common household objects to make your own rainbow kaleidoscope and our colorful slime recipes are always a hit. Enjoy the positive messages about embracing differences in our Pride Day storytime. See sign-up details below.
• Pride Day at MODS is in alignment with the nationally celebrated LGBTQ+ Pride Month. The Museum welcomes individuals from all walks of life to experience, connect and discover inspiring science. MODS supports all family structures, creating a culture of hospitality where diversity is celebrated. Inclusion and accessibility are at the Museum’s core and what MODS aspires to be for the community.