Celebrate the Arts Community of Greater Fort Lauderdale during SMArtWalk at Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery.
• Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery will participate in ArtWalk in FAT Village and celebrate the Arts Community of Greater Fort Lauderdale by showcasing one Fort Lauderdale artist on the last Saturday of every month throughout the year.
• The Art Show will take place at the Rum Bar Lounge inside Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery and will feature specialty cocktails highlighting each artist of the month.
• During the month of June, art created by featured artist Rosanna Kalis will be displayed.
• Rosanna Kalis is a Korean-American contemporary artist that specializes in large scale paintings, murals and custom design. Her style is influenced by the lines of traditional Asian art, intricacies of Art Nouveau, and flow of urban street art.
• A Wharton MBA and self-taught artist, Rosanna pivoted from the world of corporate finance in 2018 to pursue her passion for throwing paint. Rosanna now works with local and national brands and organizations to bring powerful art and design visions to life. • Rosanna’s art is enduringly displayed inside Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery on the walls of Senbazuru Ramen.
• The inspiration for the mural evolved from the name of the restaurant: Senbazuru which translates to “one thousand cranes.” The owner of Senbazuru wanted to build upon the Japanese legend that folding 1,000 cranes will make your wish come true. In order to bring this story to life, Rosanna was able to capture the moment a girl completes the final crane and makes her wish. She wanted to convey a sense of hope in a dreamlike setting, with bold lines to add intensity and power to the image.
• Many similar pieces of art will be displayed and available for purchase.
• Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery is a proud supporter of the growing Fort Lauderdale art community and monthly art walks located in FAT Village.
DETAILS: Tickets can be purchased in advance here: https://bit.ly/2RH4uka
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Live music will be performed on Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., and Sundays from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.