1. How do I get from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport or Port Everglades to Miami International Airport or Port of Miami and Vice Versa?
2. Where are the taxi, train, and bus stops at the Fort Lauderdale airport?
3. Is there train service between Fort Lauderdale and the tri-county area?
4. Frequently asked questions about the Broward County Transit (BCT):
5. Do thousands of college students still come to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break?
6. What are the closest hotels to the Broward County Convention Center and Port Everglades?
7. What are the closest hotels to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport?
8. Where can I obtain relocation information?
9. Where can I get a map of Greater Fort Lauderdale?
10. Do you have condo rental information?
11. How do I get to the Broward County Convention Center?
12. Where are some pet-friendly places in Greater Fort Lauderdale?
13. How can I stay safe at the beach if there is a riptide?
1. How do I get from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport or Port Everglades to Miami International Airport or Port of Miami and Vice Versa? Taxi and limo services are common modes of transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, especially for transportation to/from the ports. Uber and Lyft are also available.
Tri-Rail also offers convenient train service directly between Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and Miami International Airport. Click here for more information about Tri-Rail airport connections and schedules.
Taxis, Private Car/Limo, and Shared Ride are available outside terminal baggage claim areas throughout the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and the Miami International Airport.
Taxi fares are based on mileage and time and average about $70. Call Yellow Cab/Checker for further information (954) 565-5400
Prices for private car and limo services vary depending on individual or shared-ride. Limo services are available through USA Transportation (800) 458-0500, Enova Transportation (877) 587-7667, Elite South Florida Shuttle, (877) 786-9546, Tri-County airport limo (800) 497-5722, and Limos of South Florida (800) 901-1644. Rates can range from $75-$125.
Go Airport Shuttle offers rides from the Greater Fort Lauderdale area to the Greater Miami area. Rides from the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport to Miami Airport are $25 per passenger. Call (800) 244-8252 for prices on other destinations. SuperShuttle service from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is approximately $23 per passenger. For additional SuperShuttle information, call (800) 258-3826.
Airport transportation is also listed in the "Getting Around" section of our website. Airport Information Hotline: (954) 359-1200.
2. Where are the taxi , train, and bus stops at the Fort Lauderdale airport? Taxi, train, and bus stops are located at the bus stop adjacent to Terminal 1 or in between Terminal 3 and 4. Taxis and limos serving Fort Lauderdale include Yellow Cab/Checker (954)565-5400, Enova Transportation (877) 587-7667, Elite Limousine (954) 733-9600, and Limousines of South Florida (305) 635-0088. Tri-Rail shuttles with service to the Fort Lauderdale airport Tri-Rail station have regular pick-ups throughout the day. For Broward County destinations call (800) TRI-RAIL for further information.
What are the costs of BCT bus ride?
Regular One-Way Fare (Base Cash): $2.00
Senior / Youth / Disabled / Medicare: $1.00
What are the costs of BCT bus passes?
All Day Pass = $5 regular, $4 Senior/Youth/Disabled/Medicare
10 Rides Pass = $20
7 Day Pass = $20
31 Day Pass = $70
31 Day Reduced Fare Pass = $40 Senior/Youth/Disabled/Medicare; $50 College Pass
What is the age for a youth bus pass?
18 years or younger. Children under 40 inches ride free.
Which bus routes travel to the beaches?
|Pompano Beach||11, 42|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Commercial Blvd.||11, 55|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Oakland Park Blvd.||11, 36, 72|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Sunrise/Las Olas Blvd.||11, 36, (Sunrise only) 40|
|Hollywood (North) Beach||4, 12|
Which bus travels to the Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International (FLL) Airport? Which terminals do they go to?
Route 1 travels to FLL and stops on the upper level at the Rental Car Center, bus-way area. Look for the Broward County Transit signs.
Where is the Central Bus Terminal located?
101 Northwest 1st Avenue, on the northwest corner of Broward Boulevard and Northwest 1st Avenue, in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Is there a bus or shuttle that travels to Port Everglades?
There is no BCT bus or shuttle that travels directly to Port Everglades. You can travel on Route 1, and get off at State Road 84 and Federal Highway, and take a cab to your Port Everglades destination, or you can travel on Route 40, get off at 17th Street Causeway and Eisenhower Boulevard, and take a cab to your Port Everglades destination.
Is there a bus that travels from the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International (FLL) Airport to the Miami Airport (MIA)?
There is no bus that travels directly from one airport to the other. You can take the SFRTA/Tri-Rail shuttle bus from FLL directly to the SFRTA/Tri-Rail Station. Take SFRTA/Tri-Rail directly to the Miami Airport and a shuttle bus will take you to your terminal.
Is there a bus that travels from the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International (FLL) Airport to the Port of Miami (MIA)?
There is no bus that travels directly from FLL to the Port of Miami. You can take Route 1 to Aventura Mall and make a connection to Miami-Dade Transit Route 3, to the Port of Miami.
5. Do thousands of college students still come to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break? Although everyone is welcome to our sunny shores, Greater Fort Lauderdale has not been home to Spring Break since 1985 when over 350,000 students visited our sun-kissed destination. Today, approximately 15,000 students experience the "Venice of America" during Easter vacation. Fort Lauderdale is no longer "where the boys are," but where well-heeled Europeans, sophisticated Northerners and laid-back Mid-Westerners come to relax and vacation. From the late 1980's into the early 90's, Fort Lauderdale was a destination in transition. Our area's success at ridding itself of three decades of notoriety as a "rowdy, anything goes town" to a sun-filled vacation hotspot has made us the fastest growing travel destination in South Florida with a wealth of cultural activities for families, international visitors and business travelers. Spring Break is part of the heritage of Greater Fort Lauderdale. It all started in the 1930's when the college swim teams came to train in Fort Lauderdale and in 1960 when Connie Francis and George Hamilton memorialized Spring Break in the film "Where the Boys Are." Today, students enjoy Spring Break in cities like Panama City, Daytona Beach and Cancun.
Click here for hotels closest to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center.
|Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel
|Holiday Inn Express-Convention Center
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
|Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
|Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale Convention Center
|Embassy Suites-Fort Lauderdale
|Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
|Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
|Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
|Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
|Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
|Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
|Best Western Oceanside Inn
|B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
|Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach
|Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale Air/Sea Port
|The Ritz Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
|Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
|W Fort Lauderdale
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
|Atlantic Hotel & Spa
|Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
|DISTANCE FROM AIRPORT|
|Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port||954-524-9900||1 mile|
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport||954-920-3300||1.5 miles|
|Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel||800-947-8527||1.5 miles|
|Crowne Plaza Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port||954-523-8080||1.5 miles|
|Comfort Suites Convention Center||800-760-0000||2 miles|
|Embassy Suites-Fort Lauderdale||800-854-6146||2 miles|
|Holiday Inn Express-Convention Center||800-465-4329||2 miles|
|Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport||800-833-1516||2 miles|
|Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel||800-733-7663||3 miles|
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina||866-450-9990||3 miles|
|Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina||800-233-1234||3 miles
To find an overview of the City of Fort Lauderdale, visit http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/visitors/about-fort-lauderdale. Many real estate agents will also provide free relocation information, as well as information on housing and neighborhoods. Visit the Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale to find more: http://www.r-world.com/.
9. Where can I get a map of Greater Fort Lauderdale? Click here to order a Visitors Guide & Map of Greater Fort Lauderdale or call 800-22-SUNNY. For a state map of Florida, contact Visit Florida at (850) 488-5607.
We do not have condo rental information. However, we do offer a unique lodging concept known as Superior Small Lodgings comprised of numerous small fine hotels, motels, and inns distinguished by their friendly ambience and personalized service. Many of these properties have 1-3 bedrooms and kitchenettes and offer daily, weekly, and monthly rates. You can find more information on these properties in the hotel section of our website or call 800-22-SUNNY and ask for a color directory. There are also many large hotels in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area with accommodations to fit the needs of any type of guest. Click here for vacation rentals in Fort Lauderdale.
11. How do I get to the Broward County Convention Center?
The Broward County Convention Center is located at 1950 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale in the Port Everglades, (954) 765-5900.
From the North or South: Take I-95 or Florida's Turnpike and Exit at 595 East. Exit at US 1 North and proceed to SE 17th Street. Go East on SE 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd. Turn right on Eisenhower Blvd and follow signs to the Convention Center.
12. Where are some pet-friendly places in Greater Fort Lauderdale? Click here pet-friendly places and for a list of over 100 pet-friendly hotels in Greater Fort Lauderdale.
13. How can I stay safe at the beach if there is a riptide? Click here for Beach Safety Tips.