1. How do I get from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport or Port Everglades to Miami International Airport or Port of Miami and Vice Versa?
2. Where are the taxi , train, and bus stops at the Fort Lauderdale airport?
3. Frequently asked questions about the Broward County Transit (BCT):
4. Do thousands of college students still come to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break
5. What are the closest hotels to the Broward County Convention Center and Port Everglades?
6. What are the closest hotels to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport?
7. Where can I obtain relocation information?
8. Where can I get a map of Fort Lauderdale?
9. Do you have condo rental information?
10. How do I get to the Broward County Convention Center?
11. Are there any locations that offer wireless and high-speed internet access (other than hotels) in the area?
12. Where are some pet-friendly places in Greater Fort Lauderdale?
13. How can I stay safe at the beach if there is a riptide?
1. How do I get from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport or Port Everglades to Miami International Airport or Port of Miami and Vice Versa? Taxi and limo services are common modes of transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.
Taxis, Private Car/Limo, and Shared Ride are available outside terminal baggage claim areas throughout the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and the Miami International Airport.
Taxi fares are based on mileage and time and average about $70. Call Yellow Cab/Checker for further information (954) 565-5400
Prices for private car and limo services vary depending on individual or shared-ride. Limo services are available through USA Transportation (800) 458-0500, Enova Transportation (877) 587-7667, Elite South Florida Shuttle, (877) 786-9546, Tri-County airport limo (800) 497-5722, and Limos of South Florida (800) 901-1644. Rates can range from $75-$125.
Go Airport Shuttle offers rides from the Greater Fort Lauderdale area to the Greater Miami area. Rides from the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport to Miami Airport are $25 per passenger. Call (800) 244-8252 for prices on other destinations. SuperShuttle service from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is approximately $23 per passenger. For additional SuperShuttle information, call (800) 258-3826.
Airport transportation is also listed in the "Getting Around" section of our website. Airport Information Hotline: (954) 359-1200.
2. Where are the taxi , train, and bus stops at the Fort Lauderdale airport? Taxi, train, and bus stops are located at the bus stop adjacent to Terminal 1 or in between Terminal 3 and 4. Taxis and limos serving Fort Lauderdale include Yellow Cab/Checker (954)565-5400, Enova Transportation (877) 587-7667, Elite Limousine (954) 733-9600, and Limousines of South Florida (305) 635-0088. Tri-Rail shuttles with service to the Fort Lauderdale airport Tri-Rail station have regular pick-ups throughout the day. For Broward County destinations call (800) TRI-RAIL for further information.
What are the costs of BCT bus ride?
Regular One-Way Fare (Base Cash): $2.00
Senior / Youth / Disabled / Medicare: $1.00
What are the costs of BCT bus passes?
All Day Pass = $5 regular, $4 Senior/Youth/Disabled/Medicare
10 Rides Pass = $20
7 Day Pass = $20
31 Day Pass = $70
31 Day Reduced Fare Pass = $40 Senior/Youth/Disabled/Medicare; $50 College Pass
What is the age for a youth bus pass?
18 years or younger. Children under 40 inches ride free.
Which bus routes travel to the beaches?
|Pompano Beach||11, 42|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Commercial Blvd.||11, 55|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Oakland Park Blvd.||11, 36, 72|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach at Sunrise/Las Olas Blvd.||11, 36, (Sunrise only) 40|
|Hollywood (North) Beach||4, 12|
Which bus travels to the Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International (FLL) Airport? Which terminals do they go to?
Route 1 travels to FLL and stops on the upper level at the Rental Car Center, bus-way area. Look for the Broward County Transit signs.
Where is the Central Bus Terminal located?
101 Northwest 1st Avenue, on the northwest corner of Broward Boulevard and Northwest 1st Avenue, in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Is there a bus or shuttle that travels to Port Everglades?
There is no BCT bus or shuttle that travels directly to Port Everglades. You can travel on Route 1, and get off at State Road 84 and Federal Highway, and take a cab to your Port Everglades destination, or you can travel on Route 40, get off at 17th Street Causeway and Eisenhower Boulevard, and take a cab to your Port Everglades destination.
Is there a bus that travels from the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International (FLL) Airport to the Miami Airport (MIA)?
There is no bus that travels directly from one airport to the other. You can take the SFRTA/Tri-Rail shuttle bus from FLL directly to the SFRTA/Tri-Rail Station. Take SFRTA/Tri-Rail directly to the Miami Airport and a shuttle bus will take you to your terminal.
Is there a bus that travels from the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International (FLL) Airport to the Port of Miami (MIA)?
There is no bus that travels directly from FLL to the Port of Miami. You can take Route 1 to Aventura Mall and make a connection to Miami-Dade Transit Route 3, to the Port of Miami.
4. Do thousands of college students still come to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break? Although everyone is welcome to our sunny shores, Greater Fort Lauderdale has not been home to Spring Break since 1985 when over 350,000 students visited our sun-kissed destination. Today, approximately 15,000 students experience the "Venice of America" during Easter vacation. Fort Lauderdale is no longer "where the boys are," but where well-heeled Europeans, sophisticated Northerners and laid-back Mid-Westerners come to relax and vacation. From the late 1980's into the early 90's, Fort Lauderdale was a destination in transition. Our area's success at ridding itself of three decades of notoriety as a "rowdy, anything goes town" to a sun-filled vacation hotspot has made us the fastest growing travel destination in South Florida with a wealth of cultural activities for families, international visitors and business travelers. Spring Break is part of the heritage of Greater Fort Lauderdale. It all started in the 1930's when the college swim teams came to train in Fort Lauderdale and in 1960 when Connie Francis and George Hamilton memorialized Spring Break in the film "Where the Boys Are." Today, students enjoy Spring Break in cities like Panama City, Daytona Beach and Cancun.
|Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel
|Holiday Inn Express-Convention Center
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
|Hyatt Regency Pier 66
|Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale Convention Center
|Embassy Suites-Fort Lauderdale
|Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
|Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port Inn
|Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
|Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
|Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
|Lago Mar Resort & Club
|Best Western Oceanside Inn
|B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
|Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach
|Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale Air/Sea Port
|The Ritz Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
|W Fort Lauderdale
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
|Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
|DISTANCE FROM AIRPORT|
|Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port||954-524-9900||1 mile|
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport||954-920-3300||1.5 miles|
|Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel||800-947-8527||1.5 miles|
|Crowne Plaza Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port||954-523-8080||1.5 miles|
|Comfort Suites Convention Center||800-760-0000||2 miles|
|Embassy Suites-Fort Lauderdale||800-854-6146||2 miles|
|Holiday Inn Express-Convention Center||800-465-4329||2 miles|
|Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport||800-833-1516||2 miles|
|Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel||800-733-7663||3 miles|
|Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina||866-450-9990||3 miles|
|Hyatt Regency Pier 66||800-233-1234||3 miles
To find an overview of the City of Fort Lauderdale, visit http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/visitors/about-fort-lauderdale. Many real estate agents will also provide free relocation information, as well as information on housing and neighborhoods. Visit the Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale to find more: http://www.r-world.com/.
8. Where can I get a map of Fort Lauderdale? There is a map of the Fort Lauderdale area on our website, but it is not to scale. Additional maps of the area can be found on Excite Maps, and Microsoft Expedia. Call 800-22-SUNNY to receive an Visitors Guide & Map of Greater Fort Lauderdale. For a state map of Florida, contact Visit Florida at (850) 488-5607.
We do not have condo rental information. However, we do offer a unique lodging concept known as Superior Small Lodgings comprised of numerous small fine hotels, motels, and inns distinguished by their friendly ambience and personalized service. Many of these properties have 1-3 bedrooms and kitchenettes and offer daily, weekly, and monthly rates. You can find more information on these properties in the hotel section of our website or call 800-22-SUNNY and ask for a color directory. There are also many large hotels in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area with accommodations to fit the needs of any type of guest. Click here for vacation rentals in Fort Lauderdale.
The Broward County Convention Center is located at 1950 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale in the Port Everglades, (954) 765-5900.
From the North or South: Take I-95 or Florida's Turnpike and Exit at 595 East. Exit at US 1 North and proceed to SE 17th Street. Go East on SE 17th Street to Eisenhower Blvd. Turn right on Eisenhower Blvd and follow signs to the Convention Center.
FREE WIRELESS ACCESS AVAILABLE:
Broward County Launches Free Wireless Internet Access at Several Outdoor "Hot Spots" Downtown
Broward County has launched an outdoor wireless broadband network that provides free Internet access to anyone using a laptop computer or Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) at several outdoor hot spots in the government/university campus area downtown. Hot spot locations include:
A map detailing the exact location of hot spots is available online at http://www.broward.org/wifi.htm
Bubier Park and Las Olas Boulevard. Library patrons will have similar experiences with Internet connections available adjacent to the Downtown Main Library in Stranahan Park. Local residents and visitors can stay "connected" with home and work while visiting two of Broward County's key tourism areas - Las Olas Boulevard and the Old Himmarshee area of Fort Lauderdale.
The primary service area of the outdoor WiFi wireless network identified as "BC Public" includes Stranahan Park adjacent to the Main Library Branch, along Southwest 2nd Street from the Broward County Governmental Center through the Old Himmarshee area, and Las Olas Boulevard, beginning at Andrews Avenue and continuing east to approximately Southeast 10th Avenue. Within the Governmental Center, BC Public is accessible from several convenient locations:
Broward County's Call Center staff can step you through the brief instructions for accessing the wireless service. (954) 831-4000.
1111 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Beefcakes Grill American Restaurant
1721 N. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Big City Tavern (free with sign-up)
609 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, (954) 727-0307
Bob & Wilson's
450 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Chimney House - Grill & Café
701 W Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Christina Wan's Mandarin House
664 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
D'Angelo Pizza, Wine Bar, Tapas
4215 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
Fort Lauderdale Main Public Library
Wi-Fi inside and out.
Cybrary library with 40 terminals.
Golden Lyon Vintage Pub
620 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Himmarshee Bar & Grille
210 SW 2nd St, Fort Lauderdale, (954) 524-1818
Hollywood (downtown and beach areas)
(954) 924-2980. Sheridan St. to Georgis St. (Broadwalk area) and Downtown Hollywood.
620 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Lemongrass Asian Bistro
3811 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Mango's Restaurant & Lounge
904 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Intel-verified wireless Internet zones are located in several Fort Lauderdale-area McDonald's. For current information regarding this program, please visit http://www.mcdwireless.com/.
Original Fat Cat's
320 Himmarshee St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Panera Bread (all area locations)
3327 E Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Preston's Wine & Martini Lounge
620 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Royal Pig Pub & Kitchen
350 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Sette Bello Ristorante
6241 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Southport Raw Bar & Restaurant
1536 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale (954) 525-2526
Slice Pizzeria Restaurant
108 SE 1st St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Starbucks (all area locations)
Sunrise Harbor Marina
1030 Seminole Drive, Fort Lauderdale, (954) 667-6720
FedEx Kinko's FedEx Office Downtown
300 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale (954) 467-1007
Brew Urban Cafe
209 SW 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, (954) 523-7191
Free wireless with your own laptop.
Offerdahl's Café Grill
401 E Las Olas Blvd #190, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Riverside Market Café
608 SW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Sage French Café
2378 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
12. Where are some pet-friendly places in Greater Fort Lauderdale? Click here pet-friendly places and for a list of over 100 pet-friendly hotels in Greater Fort Lauderdale.
13. How can I stay safe at the beach if there is a riptide? Click here for Beach Safety Tips.