Anglins Fishing Pier was originally built by Lauderdale-By-The-Sea town founder Melvin Anglin in 1941. After 20 plus years it crumbled and fell into the ocean. It was rebuilt and opened on November 24, 1963. It has been, and still is today, an important part of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, offering resident and visiting fishermen a great time. The pier sustained damage in 2017 from Hurricane Irma and is currently closed from the middle to the "T" on the ocean end. The pier from the bait house to the middle remains open.