Colohatchee is a beautiful 8.5-acre mangrove preserve with an elevated walkway over the wetlands. Fenced-in dog play areas where dogs can run leash-free are located at the back of the park. All dog owners must register and pay an annual permit fee for their dogs, helping to keep the dog play area safe.
8:00a.m. to Dusk, Thursday - Monday. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Colohatchee Dog Play Area Rules
1. All dogs must have a current City of Wilton Manors Annual Dog Permit with them at all times when in the park.
2. Dogs must be on a leash in the parking lot and on the way into and out of the dog play area.
3. Owners must carry litter bags at all times and clean up after their dogs.
4. There should be NO spiked or pinch collars.
5. Owners must remain in the dog play area with their dog(s), clean up after their dog and monitor the dogs behavior.
6. If your dog becomes aggressive, it must be removed from the park immediately.
7. No more than two (2) dogs per person are permitted.
8. Dogs in heat, ill and/or with internal or external parasites (fleas, ticks, worms) are not allowed in the park.
9. If your dog digs, it must be stopped and the hole filled in by you.
10. All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
11. No human food allowed in the dog play area. Treats are to be used for training purposes only.
Note: Dogs and/or their owners who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and possible suspension. The City of Wilton Manors reserves the right to refuse entry into Colohatchee Park for the reasons of health, safety, and prior offenses or for the comfort of all patrons and/or their pets.
All Incidents and injuries must be reported to the Leisure Services Department by calling 954-390-2130.
Please be advised that the dog park is an unsupervised recreational area of the City of Wilton Manors Leisure Services Department.