HISTORIC STRANAHAN HOUSE MUSEUM

  • 335 S.E. Sixth Ave.
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
  • 954-524-4736
  • |

overview

The historic Stranahan House was built in 1901 by Frank Stranahan, the father of Fort Laurderdale and his wife, Ivy Cromartie Stranahan, the town's first school teacher. The building has served as a trading post, community center, post office, bank and home to the Stranahans. In 1984, the house was restored to the original configuration of the early 1900s and opened up as an historic house museum listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Adults $12, seniors $11, students $7
Amenities
Hotel Amenities
Directions
Hotel Amenities
  • Senior Discount:
driving directions
  • Driving Directions: Located on the north side of New River (Las Olas at New River Tunnel). Limited parking is available on site for daily tours. Additional parking is available at the Riverside Hotel Parking Garage for a flat rate of $5.
Yelp Reviews