Connect with relatives, friends, schoolmates and cultural roots in an area accessible from major US cities and a gateway to the Caribbean. Reunion planners can choose from a variety of beachfront, boutique, and suburban hotels in an urban experience that offers relaxation and multigenerational fun. Broward County Parks offer pavilions, water slides, boat rentals, picnic areas and even a cricket field at Central Broward Regional Park to meet your family's needs.
Everything you need to plan your reunion is just a click away.
Ideas to consider:
Enjoy an historical tour –Contact Old Dillard Museum for a heritage tour with local narrators.
Make art in the park – Checkout the Young Circle ArtsPark in downtown Hollywood for intergenerational family night events and artists’ demonstrations.
Be a Volunteer – In the historic Sistrunk area intergenerational family reunion groups can volunteer at an urban farm, do a service learning tour, or visit Art House for specialized classes and workshops as part of the Destination Sistrunk cultural program.
View art for free – Get complimentary admission to the downtown NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale on Free First Thursdays Starry Nights and special group tours of exhibits.
Tips for a successful family reunion:
1. Begin planning 18-24 months ahead.
2. Designate a lead person who can delegate duties -- with a timetable -- to get others to commit to the event.
3. Make plans appealing to adults and kids, but be imaginative and flexible based on weather, size of group and time constraints.
4. Include an oral history project, which can be a great way to spark conversations across generations and cultural backgrounds, preserve history, and bring relatives closer together.
5. Contact us for your free Greater Fort Lauderdale Family Reunion Welcome Bags.
(Minimum 10 room nights required):