Translation of pages on this website is performed by an automated third party service, Google Translate, that generates approximations of the website's original content. The translations should not be considered exact and only used as a rough guide.×
Connect with relatives, friends, schoolmates and cultural roots in an area accessible from major US cities and a gateway to the Caribbean. Reunion planners can choose from a variety of beachfront, boutique, and suburban hotels in an urban experience that offers relaxation and multigenerational fun. Broward County Parks offer pavilions, water slides, boat rentals, picnic areas and even a cricket field at Central Broward Regional Park to meet your family's needs.
Enjoy an historical tour –Contact Old Dillard Museum for a heritage tour with local narrators.
Design an ancestral tour – Visit the African-American Research Library and Cultural Center for a tour and genealogy presentation.
Make art in the park – Checkout the Young Circle ArtsPark in downtown Hollywood for intergenerational family night events and artists’ demonstrations.
Tips for a successful family reunion in Greater Fort Lauderdale:
1. Begin planning 18-24 months ahead.
2. Designate a lead person who can delegate duties -- with a timetable -- to get others to commit to the event.
3. Make plans appealing to adults and kids, but be imaginative and flexible based on weather, size of group and time constraints.
4. Include an oral history project, which can be a great way to spark conversations across generations and cultural backgrounds, preserve history, and bring relatives closer together.
5. Contact us for your free Greater Fort Lauderdale Family Reunion Planning Kit.
(Minimum 10 room nights required):
Contact Valerie Troutman, 954-767-2457 to get started.