Translation of pages on this website is performed by an automated third party service, Google Translate, that generates approximations of the website's original content. The translations should not be considered exact and only used as a rough guide.×
Experience a different side of Greater Fort Lauderdale. From full moon parties and live mermaid shows to nighttime Everglades tours and ghost tours along the New River, you're sure to find a different path.
1. Private nighttime Red Eye Everglades tours at Sawgrass Recreation Park. Sneak through the Everglades as you experience the thrill of the abundant wildlife and explore the sights and sounds of nocturnal giants.
2. Full moon party: every full moon, The Ritz- Carlton, Fort Lauderdale unveils a moonlit lounge poolside, benefiting local charity. Condé Nast Traveler named it "the party" in Fort Lauderdale.
3. Live mermaid show at the unique Wreck Bar at the B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale on Friday and Saturday nights at 6:30pm. Porthole views of the main swimming pool.
4. The Mai-Kai Restaurant & Polynesian Show authentically recreates a Polynesian village, complete with tiki torches, thatch roof and wooden plank entrance into a unique dining and entertainment locale.
5. Free surfing, stand up paddle and skim lessons for the whole family by Da Big Kahuna at Island Water Sports in Deerfield Beach on Saturday mornings, 7-9am.
6. Film festivals: the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival in the fall, but did you know about the Women's International Film Festival (WIFF), the MiFo LGBT Film Festival and the Indie Craft Bazaar.
7. Craft Beer Scene: "Sip" into Fort Lauderdale's craft beer community and savor the original brews at Tap 42, Funky Buddha Brewery, LauderAle, Original Fat Cat's, 13 EVEN, Riverside Market, Tarpon River Brewing and the Mack House. You can even get a Tour of Funky Buddha Brewery and go behind the scenes Fri-Sun.
8. Music festivals: Rockfest 80's (Nov) at C.B. Smith park in Pembroke Pines, Tortuga Music Festival (Apr) on Fort Lauderdale beach, Fort Rock (Apr) at Markham Park in Sunrise and Riptide Music Festival (Dec) on Fort Lauderdale beach.
9. Art walks: monthly artwalks at FAT Village, on the last Saturday of the month, on Las Olas Blvd, Pompano Beach's East Village and Downtown Hollywood. Free glass- blowing demonstrations in Hollywood's Artspark.
10. Free classes: Zumba classes the first Sunday of the month at 9:30am and Boot Camp Mondays and Wednesday at 6:30pm at Esplanade Park in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Click here for details.