1. Private nighttime Red Eye Everglades tours at Sawgrass Recreation Park. Sneak through the Everglades as you experience the thrill of the abundant wildlife and explore the sights and sounds of nocturnal giants.
2. Full moon party: every full moon, The Ritz- Carlton, Fort Lauderdale unveils a moonlit lounge poolside, benefiting local charity. Condé Nast Traveler named it "the party" in Fort Lauderdale.
3. Live mermaid show at the unique Wreck Bar at the B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale on Friday and Saturday nights at 6:30pm. Porthole views of the main swimming pool.
4. Dine in the Dark! Market 17, next to the Broward County Convention Center, serves a blind tasting menu to heighten diners' other senses. Silverware optional.
5. Vegan nirvana at Sublime Restaurant & Bar: hosted Paul McCartney, Bob Barker, Alec Baldwin, and Pamela Anderson. No dairy, no eggs, no meat.
6. Free surfing, stand up paddle and skim lessons for the whole family by Da Big Kahuna at Island Water Sports in Deerfield Beach on Saturday mornings, 7-9am.
7. Film festivals: the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival in the fall, but did you know about the Women's International Film Festival (WIFF), the MiFo LGBT Film Festival and the Indie Craft Bazaar.
8. Craft Beer Scene: "Sip" into Fort Lauderdale's craft beer community and savor the original brews at Tap 42, Funky Buddha Brewery, LauderAle, Original Fat Cat's, Laser Wolf, 13 EVEN, Riverside Market, and the Mack House.
10. Art walks: monthly artwalks at F.A.T. Village, on the last Saturday of the month, on Las Olas Blvd, Pompano Beach's East Village and Downtown Hollywood. Free glass- blowing demonstrations in Hollywood's Artspark.
11. Free yoga: outdoor classes on the Riverwalk. Namaste. Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:30pm at Esplanade Park.
12. River Ghost tours at Stranahan House on Sunday evenings at 7:30pm. Hour long tour includes a visit inside the Stranahan House and a boat ride on the New River. You will be fascinated by the tales of the spirits. You, too, may encounter spirits along the river.