Today's traveler has a wealth of options, needs and wants as they head out on vacation. Topping the list of "must haves" are value and service, and nowhere does that come in more abundance than in Greater Fort Lauderdale's Superior Small Lodgings (SSL). This collection of intimate, high quality properties located throughout the destination is distinguished by friendly personalized service, appealing prices, comfort and individual character. And this year, 36 SSLs received the Donald A. Dermody "White Glove Award" for the highest quality standards.
In 1989 as Greater Fort Lauderdale began its transformation from a spring-time college destination to a year-round beach chic retreat, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau established the Superior Small Lodgings program to collectively showcase the area's small, privately owned properties. Soon after, its success and popularity led to a statewide program that includes approximately 180 properties throughout 15 locations in Florida. The SSLs are all commonly defined by their smaller size, 50 rooms or less, intimate warm ambiance, personalized service and affordable accommodations. To receive the Superior Small Lodgings designation each property has to undergo an annual comprehensive, independent review process of six different attributes: public spaces, guest accommodations, bathrooms and bathroom supplies, kitchens and property exterior.
Superior Small Lodgings in Greater Fort Lauderdale can be found along the destinations 23 miles of Blue Wave beaches throughout the following beach communities: Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Pompano Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and Hallandale Beach.
All located within easy reach of destination parks, nature preserves, museums, theatres, restaurants, shops and vibrant nightlife venues. Each of Greater Fort Lauderdale's 57 designated SSL member hotels, inns and bed & breakfasts are nationally recognized for their quality, exceptional service and great value - all offering an extra hint of charm for guests to experience from a personal welcome by the owner to the intimate surroundings of private courtyards and tropical gardens. The Superior Small Lodgings eclectic variety guarantees no two properties are alike.
"Our Superior Small Lodgings are one of our signature charms and very appealing to families, multi-generational vacationers, international travelers, and romance seekers. Across the board, these properties offer visitors varied lodging options with attentive service and an incredibly relaxing environment - which is so needed in our hectic lives," said Nicki E. Grossman, president of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Greater Fort Lauderdale recognizes the recipients of the Donald A. Dermody White Glove Award for best housekeeping practices. To receive this award, Superior Small Lodgings must score 100 percent during housekeeping inspection from the independent Property Review Program.
The 2012-2013 recipients include:
- Alcazar Resort, Fort Lauderdale
- Ambrosio's Inn & Vacation Rentals, Fort Lauderdale
- Atlantic Sands Beach Suites, Hollywood
- Bahama Beach Club, Pompano Beach
- Beach Guest House & Guest Apartments, Fort Lauderdale
- Birch Patio Motel, Fort Lauderdale
- Bougainvillea on the Beach, Hollywood
- Carriage House Resort, Deerfield Beach
- Casa del Sol Resort & Marina, Fort Lauderdale
- Cottages By The Ocean, Pompano Beach
- Croton Arms Resort, Pompano Beach
- Deerfield Buccaneer Resort Apartments, Deerfield Beach
- The Desoto Ocean Spray, Hollywood
- The Desoto Oceanview Inn, Hollywood
- Enchanted Isle Resort, Hollywood
- Estoril Paradise Inn, Fort Lauderdale
- Grenier's On The Beach, Hollywood
- High Noon Beach Resort, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Hollywood Sands Resort, Hollywood
- Kira-Mar Waterfront Villas, Fort Lauderdale
- Manta Ray Inn, Hollywood
- Neptune Hollywood Beach Club, Hollywood
- Nevada Beach Apts, Hollywood
- Pelican Place Apartments, Pompano Beach
- The Pillars Hotel, Fort Lauderdale
- Pineapple Place Apartments, Pompano Beach
- Pineapple Point Guest House, Fort Lauderdale
- Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood
- Royal Flamingo Villas, Hillsboro Beach
- Sea Downs, Hollywood
- Summerland Suites, Fort Lauderdale
- Sunny Place Apartments, Pompano Beach
- Tide Vacation Apartments, Hollywood
- Villa Venezia, Fort Lauderdale
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Worthington Guest House, Fort Lauderdale
Overall, Greater Fort Lauderdale's Superior Small Lodgings averaged a score of 97.42 percent during housekeeping inspections.
For more information on Greater Fort Lauderdale's Superior Small Lodgings, please visit www.sunny.org/ssl. Check out the Greater Fort Lauderdale Pinterest Superior Small Lodgings board at www.pinterest.com/visitlauderdale/superior-small-lodgings/
About Greater Fort Lauderdale
From the sawgrass to the seagrass, Greater Fort Lauderdale boasts more than 34,000 lodging accommodations at a variety of hotels, luxury spa resorts, and Superior Small Lodgings reflecting a "beach chic" vibe. Visitors enjoy 23 miles of Blue Wave certified beaches, discover 300+ miles of inland waterways that run from the Intracoastal Waterway to the Everglades, dine at thousands of restaurants and eateries, get immersed in a thriving arts and culture scene and indulge in top shopping. For more info, contact the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau at (800) 22-SUNNY or visit www.sunny.org.
Follow the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau on Twitter at www.twitter.com/visitlauderdale or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/visitlauderdaleor join us on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/visitlauderdale.
# # #